Expert diagnosis and care for infectious disease
Midwest Regional Medical Center’s infectious disease specialists diagnose and care for a wide range of conditions caused by bacteria, viruses and other organisms. A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other clinicians provide comprehensive treatment through antibiotics and other medications, as well as preventive vaccinations and immunizations. We provide a range of services, including:
- Expert diagnostic services for bacterial and viral pathogens.
- Comprehensive care for hospitalized patients with infectious diseases.
- Pre- and post-travel health consultations and immunizations.
- Care and oversight of transplant patients.
Our infectious disease professionals are well equipped to manage care for a range of infectious conditions, including:
- Cytomegalovirus disease
- Fungal infections
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Infections of the skin and soft tissue
- Lyme disease
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Transplant-related infections
- Travel-related infections
- Viral hepatitis