Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
Midwest Regional Medical Center Laboratory, a fully accredited state-of-the-art facility, has provided both outpatients and inpatients with comprehensive clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services for over 40 years. The laboratory performs a large percentage of testing on-site to ensure rapid turn-around time with the highest degree of accuracy. The laboratory maintains a routine and stat testing schedule that is responsive to patient needs, performing most testing 24 hours per day. By utilizing technologically advanced equipment and highly trained professional staff, the laboratory is able to contribute a valuable and convenient service to Midwest City and the surrounding communities.
Midwest Regional Medical Center’s laboratories have been awarded accreditation by the Joint Commission and the College of American Pathologists.Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
To inquire about any of these services, please call the Laboratory at (405) 610-8164.