Specialized programs for neurological recovery
Recovering from brain injury or a neurological condition is often complex and extensive, and Midwest Regional Medical Center offers a wide range of services to help address the unique challenges of neurological damage. Whether it’s helping patients resume regular activities after an injury, or providing strategies to manage a degenerative disease, our rehabilitation professionals are focused on helping patients meet their goals.
Midwest Regional Medical Center provides a full range of rehabilitation and recovery services for neurological conditions, including care for:
- Closed head injuries
- Parkinson’s disease
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nerve injuries and conditions, including neuropathy and myopathy
- Spinal cord injuries
A dedicated team of rehabilitation specialists — including physical and occupational therapists, cognitive therapists, speech therapists and other dedicated professionals — are committed to helping patients regain the highest level of functioning possible.
Brain injury therapies
Customized brain injury therapies are designed to meet the cognitive, physical and emotional needs of each patient, including:
- Occupational therapy – Occupational therapists help individuals return to independent living, work or school by helping patients re-learn daily activities.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapists help individuals improve mobility, strength, endurance and balance to resume regular physical and everyday activities.
- Speech and language therapy – Speech-language therapists work with individuals to improve speech and language skills by focusing on thought processes such as cognition, reasoning and memory.
- Additional therapies – Other health care professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, case managers and social workers are available to work with patients, family members and caregivers to help the patient and his or her support system adjust to the disability.
Our locations are conveniently located near where you live and work.