Advanced surgical techniques and expertise
Whether you require tendon or muscle repair, spine surgery or total joint replacement, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are able to perform even the most complex procedures. Midwest Regional Medical Center’s orthopedic doctors and surgeons work collaboratively with pain management and rehabilitation specialists to ensure you receive comprehensive care to address your specific needs.
We use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including arthroscopic and robotic surgery, and offer a full range of services, including:
- Foot and ankle procedures
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Knee and hip resurfacing
- Reconstructive surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Spine surgery, including discectomy, laminectomy
- Total replacement of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow
State-of-the-art robotic technology for knee replacement
Midwest Regional Medical Center’s surgeons can offer a minimally invasive option for adults living with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis. Surgeons use the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System to perform MAKOplasty® partial knee resurfacing, a procedure that allows them to resurface the diseased area while sparing the patient’s healthy bone and surrounding tissue. The digital tracking system constantly monitors and updates the patient’s anatomy and allows the surgeon to make real-time adjustments to optimize implant positioning and placement.
MAKOplasty® offers a number of benefits over traditional knee replacement techniques, including:
- Optimal implant positioning that results in a more natural bending motion.
- Less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery.
- As an arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty® is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.