Cancer support services that address body and mind
At Midwest Regional Medical Center, we believe supporting our patients is an important part of our comprehensive care. Cancer treatment often involves numerous specialists, procedures and complementary therapies, and can often be overwhelming. That’s why Midwest Regional Medical Center's cancer care encompasses a full range of support services that address everything from education and care management assistance, to support groups and spiritual care.
Care enhancement services
Midwest Regional Medical Center offers a variety of services to assist you throughout your care, including:
- Cancer education resources – We offer a wide range of educational resources to help patients and family members learn more about cancer, treatment and recovery.
- Nutritional counseling – Eating the right kinds of foods before, during and after treatment can help you feel better and stay stronger. Midwest Regional Medical Center’s registered dietitians can help you incorporate proper nutrition to regain strength, rebuild tissue and feel better overall.
- Support groups, educational seminars and more – Choose from cancer support groups, health-education seminars and a variety of classes for individuals who are affected by cancer.
- Spiritual support – Chaplains are available to provide compassionate spiritual and emotional support to you and your family.
- Transportation assistance – Getting to and from cancer treatments and appointments can be a challenge, so we offer transportation assistance to make it a little easier on patients and their loved ones.